Operating Engineers Apprenticeship and Training Program
The Western Pennsylvania Operating Engineers Joint Apprenticeship & Training Program is a four year on-the-job training program consisting of five to seven weeks each year of classroom and training site time.
Terms of Apprenticeship:
- Minimum accumulation of 4,000 on-the-job training hours
- Apprentices will be paid at the negotiated apprenticeship rate for on-the-job training based on the class of machine being operated
Qualification Requirements of the Program:
- Be at least 18 at the time of acceptance into the Program.
- Reside in one of the 33 counties of Western Pennsylvania or Columbiana, Mahoning or Trumbull counties in Ohio.
- Have a high school diploma or GED.
- Have a valid driver's license.
- Submit a non-refundable fee of $25 with each application.
- Have dependable transportation.
- Pass a Department of Transportation physical exam.
- Pass a drug test - Drug use is not tolerated in the construction industry where safety is a life and death issue.
Western PA Operating Engineers JATC
457 Christopher Road
New Alexandria, PA 15670
Contact: Steve Columbus - Apprenticeship Administrator
Phone: (724) 668-2244
The training site is located in New Alexandria, PA. They have 48 pieces of equipment, with a value of $1.9 million, and 137 acres of land available for instructional purposes. Overall, the Operating Engineers spend $1.5 million per year on their apprentices & journeymen.
Groundbreaking Women In the IUOE HD